Inlays / Onlays / White Fillings
Inlays, Onlays and Filllings are restorations that are made to teeth that have a mild to moderate amount of decay. They can be made of composite resin material, porcelain, or gold by a dental laboratory. Once completed, they will be bonded to the tooth.
For natural looking restorations we use composite resin or porcelain materials to:
- Restore teeth that are cracked or fractured if the damage is not severe enough to require a dental crown.
- Replace metal fillings for patients who desire a more natural looking smile.
- Their use helps to conserve much of the natural tooth structure.
- Porcelain Inlay fills a hole inside the tooth.
- Porcelain Onlay sits on top of the tooth, covering it, to build up its shape.
- Composite (White) Filling like an inlay, it fills the hole inside the tooth. The difference is in the matierial used for filling the hole. Although durable, it is not as strong as porcelain.